Designed to Help Manage Your Care
Modern medicine is truly remarkable. There are a vast array of treatments that extend and improve the quality of our lives.
But with all the variations in today’s medicines, and the numerous specialists people see to address particular health problems, it’s rather easy to lose track of the status of your medical care, and particularly easy to lose track of your prescription medications.
The MyCurrentMEDS system helps solve this problem. It easily identify between generic, retail pharma, and mail order medications. Many times the same medicine comes in different shapes, sizes and colors. MyCurrentMEDS is a visual reference tool that quickly and effortlessly ends confusion about medications.
Our revolutionary tool use a large format and print for ease of use. It is flexible and fold able which is especially helpful for caregivers, nurses and EMTs.
This is a personal reference tool so you don’t have to carry a bag full of prescription bottles to the doctor’s office or a medical facility.
Should the need arise, this system can help an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) give you needed, urgent care, protecting you from unexpected complications of unpredictable drug interactions.
Some prescription medication facts:
- 82% of all Americans take one prescribed medication
- 29% of Americans take 5 or more prescribed medications
- Adverse drug events cause approximately 1.3 million Emergency Room visits annually and 35,000 hospitalizations
Preventing Adverse Drug Events
ADEs (adverse drug events) are causing more serious problems than ever before. Recent studies attribute 3.5 million physician office visits and 1 million emergency department visits annually due to ADEs.
ADEs are estimated to cost $21 billion dollars annually. Many are preventable. This was one of the driving forces behind the development of the MyCurrentMeds personal medication organizer.
The number of ADEs is expected to grow due to:
- Introduction of new medicines
- More medicines available in generic format
- The aging population, along with other factors
As a result of these circumstances, the CDC and other health agencies recommend a drug safety plan.
MyCurrentMeds is designed to help you create your own personal drug safety and drug identification plan. It is easy to set up and helps eliminate worry.
This product is NOT a dispenser but part of your own personal drug Safety plan to:
- Help you manage you personal pillbox
- Help you recognize the difference in shapes, colors and sizes of you won personal medications
- Increase your confidence about handling and managing medications
- Prevent confusion as to when to take your medicine and what dosage
Alert medical personnel to possible allergies and medical devices (IE: pacemaker, artificial joints, etc) you may have